The Buddha taught that the purpose of life is to cultivate a capacity for the happiness that is not afflicted by changing internal and external conditions. At times, however, our ordinary human emotions can seem to be barriers to this promised spiritual freedom. In this eight month, online course, we will explore together the ways that our spiritual practice can enable us to know and manifest a wholesome relationship with these universal and often challenging emotional life energies.
Course will be limited to 10 participants who have:
▪ Commitment to meet together regularly via internet on the 2nd and 4th Wednesday evenings of each month 8 PM – 10 PM US eastern time, beginning January 13, 2016.
▪ Have completed at least one 7 day or longer silent Vipassana meditation retreat.
▪ Have participated in at least one Insight Dialogue retreat or are enrolled in the January 9th Insight Dialogue Day Long Retreat, “Practicing with Anger” in Charlottesville (visit imeditation.org for more details).
▪ Maintain a regular meditation practice.
▪ Commitment to doing assigned readings, keeping a small private journal, and engaging in Insight Dialogue practice with a partner outside of group meetings at least once a month.
No fee; Dana will be accepted for Teachers
Contact: Sharon@metta.org with questions